Coach CPD Opportunity
The Coaching Team at Manor Park has been keen to attend one of these Workshops and we have invited Andy Knibbs of Coaching Kids 4Self Belief to come to Malvern and take this 6-hour practical workshop for us. As players and coaches, we all know that there are two opponents when we compete – the person at the other end of the court and then the inner game which takes place in the mind of the player. As coaches we all have a role in helping that inner mind which so often produces obstacles as lapses in concentration, nervousness, self-doubt and self-condemnation.
The Workshop will give coaches a clearer understanding of the underlying principles of the Inner Game, focused attention, trust, choice and non-judgemental awareness. These fundamentals enable students to begin to master their inner game and to learn more naturally and efficiently forming a catalyst for inspiring self-belief.
The Workshop will explore the following topics:
- Learning how to focus attention appropriately and naturally- if it is forced it is coming from a place of self-doubt
- Developing self-awareness
- Trust in the wisdom of the body so let go of the conscious controlling mind and learn how to focus attention
- Discover how to use non judgemental awareness and experience the difference between ‘effort’ and ‘trying’
- Use the conscious mind appropriately so that it doesn’t interfere with the natural intelligence of the body.
We are limiting the number of acceptances so book soon to ensure your place!
Coaches will be awarded 6 credits for this 6 hours course.
10 December 2021
10 December 2021
Event Entry Cost:
Malvern & County Indoor Tennis Centre, Manor Park Club, Albert Road North, Malvern, WR14 3HL